Our school

Our school
This is our school which is in the centre of Warsaw.

Thursday 23 April 2015

"Life is Strange"

Hi!

Nothing special happens to me, so I decided to change a bit topic. This post won't be about things that took place in my life (as you know, my life isn't very "outstanding"). It will be a "review" (well, not really, maybe introduction) of a game called "Life is Strange". I know, the title isn't very sophisticated or catchy, but maybe that was creator's point?

First I will tell you something about the plot. Max Caulfield - the main character - has a casual life. She is a very creative person and she likes taking photos. One day on the school break she goes to the girl's toilet, where she sees a blue butterfly flying around walls. When it sits down, Max decides to take a photo. At the same time to the toilet enter Chloe and Nathan. Chloe is Max's old friend (Max didn't recognize her), Nathan is one of those "cool" and rich kids at school. They both don't know that Max is hiding behind a cabin. They immediately start arguing and after few minutes Nathan takes out a gun. After short struggle he shoots Chloe. Then Max screams and discovers that she can reverse time. She goes back to the moment when they start struggling and she sets a fire alarm. After this event her life changes completely. She must somehow help Chloe, Kate (girl with a depression) and save Arcadia Bay from a huge storm. This may sound like a really bad soap opera, but creators managed to link everything very well and I really like the plot.

Here are some trailers, so you can see what this game is about. They include definitely more information about the game story and for sure they will give you better look at the plot:


The cool thing about this game is that you can choose what to do. For example, after setting an alarm you can choose between telling the principal what happened in bathroom and hiding the truth. It all depends on you, which for me is the best (behind the plot) thing in this game. You must make decisions wisely, because every action you take will have consequences.

Music in this game has its own climate and I also like it. The main disadvantage of this game are graphics. I know, that's probably the art style (which I also enjoy) that artist chose, it blends to the game very well, but the edges of the characters could be more smooth. Also, the sad thing about this game is that it doesn't have a lip-sync. The characters talk, you can hear it, but you can't see it. It's not really important, but I think that the game would be better if it included a lip-sync. For other people another disadvantage may be a thing that the game is only in English.

"Life is Strange" is splitted into five parts. Currently only the first and second part were released. As far as I know, the third part will come in near May.

I recommend this game to everyone who is bored of own life. I really empathized with the characters and I can't wait for the third part. I'm so excited about how this game will end :)

Bartek 2a

No comments:

Post a Comment